The problems with larger faster cards….
As mentioned a while back, I moved over from Aperture to Capture One for my DAM needs. (Digital Assist Management). In addition, a year ago I upgraded my Mark II to a Mark IV and jumped from my old 8GB CF cards to 128GB cards. Mix in the fact that I’ve been working on my camera skills and experimenting with the burst image options while shooting at high shutter speeds and the result is that instead of 100 or so images a month to comb through I now end up with 1000 or so.
This means my DAM workflow had to get a bit of an overhaul. I’ve spent the last few weeks trying to refine and simplify while also getting ready to move file servers and learning some of the the finer, more powerful points of Capture One .
And on top of all of this, we finally planted a garden outside my window with….a birdbath.
All of this, compounded by some pretty large projects at the ranch is why photo posting over on stega.org has been on hiatus for the last month, but never fear, posting resumes tomorrow morning!