The Strange and Manufactured Worlds
At the beginning of June I loaded the truck up with various bits and drove to L.A. I picked my father up at LAX and then it was off the Anaheim Hilton for the Reliant food show. We set the booth up that night, and the next day we spent handing out samples to all the Reliant customers in attendance.
The next day was Sunday and we visited Disneyland. I find it an odd sort of place. Only the feral mallards are real.
The days actives as closely as we remember:
- Lincoln room during which time we walked around the gallery
- Bathroom Break and no trains running
- Picked up Fastpasses for Space Mountain
- Nemo Submarine ride
- Toon town: Chip-n-Dale house, tiny roller coaster, cab ride
- Hot pretzels and drinks
- Castle with band/characters out front.
- Sleeping Beauty’s castle
- Space Mountain
- Walk through Fantasy Land and on to Frontier Land
- Bear Jamboree closed/Gone—father very sad.
- Lunch at French Cafe
- Haunted Mansion
- Pirate Ride
- Jungle cruise
- Tiki Room
- Main Street–ice cream and popcorn
- Walk through Fantasy and Frontier to Cafe Orleans—food was meh
- Parasol and gifts for Mum
- Fireworks seen from hotel room
Then Monday morning it was up bright and early to get the parental unit up to LAX (yeah for carpool lanes) and then the long slog back north.